Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Fridgefood: Japanese-style eggs on toast

My fridge food lunch today: multi-grain sourdough toast, spread with nori tsukudani and mayo, topped with scrambled eggs + corn and furikake on top!

What made this special was the kewpie mayo and white pepper. Kewpie mayo is richer and creamier than American mayonnaise, and it uses rice vinegar instead of regular white vinegar.

I melted some butter in a pan on med-low heat and added some salt and white pepper. I find that white pepper really evokes Japanese flavors for me. I tossed in some corn from the freezer, turned the heat up, and just barely browned them. I took the pan off the heat to crack the egg in the pan, and then put it back on the heat to scramble it together with the corn. At this point, I popped some bread in the toaster. By the time the egg finished, my toast was done. I spread a thin layer of nori tsukudani on the toast, then a thin layer of kewpie, then topped with the scrambled egg and corn, then shook some furikake on top! Fridgefood at its finest.
Nori tsukudani
Kewpie Mayo






No comments:

Post a Comment